# Sunday morning 1 mile from city centre (12 April 2020)
# Stop shouting at me (20 Apr 2015)
Stop shouting at me Are you a drunk an angry driver in mortal danger at the cliff’s edge No, I’m three and I just want it now Stop shouting at me I’m learning from you and I’m failing to learn from you Why are we shouting I just want it now Stop shouting at me Why don’t you hear me Why don’t you notice me I’m only three But this all me, right now and I want it now now.
(written probably in 2010)
# (In)Equal treatment in law (6 Jan 2014)
Straight and wide road, good visibility, driving a car but hands behind head for 30s = no-one harmed & 12 month ban, £655 and 100 community hours (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-25624978 (opens new window))
Inner city, driving a lorry but using a mobile phone = one more dead person & no ban, no fine (http://road.cc/content/news/57677-bow-roundabout-nobody-blame-death-cyclist-svitlana-tereschenko-says-coroner (opens new window))
Neither seems right.
# Better than the back of the sofa (5 Jan 2014)
Two 10p coins, one 20p, one 5p, three pennies, white plastic nut, marble, two paper clips, one plectrum and a small white plastic rabbit. My booty from repairing our dryer. From deep inside the dryer after much dismantling, scratching of head and more dismantling, I cleaned out one compartment inside the machine to discover and retrieve the aforesaid collection. I wouldn’t spend four hours digging around at the back of the sofa but I dare say I would have had much less success there than with the dryer. How else should one spend the first Sunday of the year but making use of a replacement parts kit to put back in place a key ingredient of the family household support system?
For the fact-minded reader I can share the following information that I previously did not know:
- the dryer is a Hotpoint VTD00P (the P is only shown on the label on the back!)
- the parts kit was bought from the excellent APart4U (http://www.apart4u.co.uk/ (opens new window))
- some wiring details in case you forget to record the exact details can be found at http://www.justanswer.com/uk-appliance/4ie66-hi-hotpoint-aquarius-tumble-dryer-vtd00p-just.html (opens new window)
- you’ll need a cross-head screwdriver, 7mm spanner, star-head screwdriver, jar for screws, pliers, hoover and dustsheets
- watch out for the sharp metal edges everywhere inside
I’m off to work out what to do with my booty…