Sunday morning 1 mile from city centre (12 April 2020)
Stop shouting at me (20 Apr 2015)
Stop shouting at me Are you a drunk an angry driver in mortal danger at the cliff’s edge No, I’m three and I just want it now Stop shouting at me I’m learning from you and I’m failing to learn from you Why are we shouting I just want it now Stop shouting at me Why don’t you hear me Why don’t you notice me I’m only three But this all me, right now and I want it now now.
(written probably in 2010)
(In)Equal treatment in law (6 Jan 2014)
Straight and wide road, good visibility, driving a car but hands behind head for 30s = no-one harmed & 12 month ban, £655 and 100 community hours (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-25624978)
Inner city, driving a lorry but using a mobile phone = one more dead person & no ban, no fine (http://road.cc/content/news/57677-bow-roundabout-nobody-blame-death-cyclist-svitlana-tereschenko-says-coroner)
Neither seems right.
Better than the back of the sofa (5 Jan 2014)
Two 10p coins, one 20p, one 5p, three pennies, white plastic nut, marble, two paper clips, one plectrum and a small white plastic rabbit. My booty from repairing our dryer. From deep inside the dryer after much dismantling, scratching of head and more dismantling, I cleaned out one compartment inside the machine to discover and retrieve the aforesaid collection. I wouldn’t spend four hours digging around at the back of the sofa but I dare say I would have had much less success there than with the dryer. How else should one spend the first Sunday of the year but making use of a replacement parts kit to put back in place a key ingredient of the family household support system?
For the fact-minded reader I can share the following information that I previously did not know:
- the dryer is a Hotpoint VTD00P (the P is only shown on the label on the back!)
- the parts kit was bought from the excellent APart4U (http://www.apart4u.co.uk/)
- some wiring details in case you forget to record the exact details can be found at http://www.justanswer.com/uk-appliance/4ie66-hi-hotpoint-aquarius-tumble-dryer-vtd00p-just.html
- you’ll need a cross-head screwdriver, 7mm spanner, star-head screwdriver, jar for screws, pliers, hoover and dustsheets
- watch out for the sharp metal edges everywhere inside
I’m off to work out what to do with my booty…